Welcome to the Tea for Teal blog!

Thanks for reading! Here you'll find a random assortment of sewing projects, food, make-up reviews, the occasional book and movie review, my travels, and anything else that pops into my head!
If you like something please feel free to Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, September 13, 2012

New hairstyle!



On September 1st I went to Lorraine Aprile Salon to get my long blonde hair chopped off. I was super excited! I was bored by my long locks and ready for something new.


In short (pun intended), I wanted a modern 1920s bob.




A true 1920s bob was very short, cut bluntly across the cheekbones with thick bangs cut ending above the eyebrows and symmetrical all the way around.


I wanted my hair to end a little longer, before my chin and my bangs to fall a bit over my eyebrows. I used Katie Holmes bob pictures as reference. (Cutting her hair short was the best thing Katie H ever did.)

This length:


These bangs:

Most importantly I wanted razor cut ends to add some texture.

My stylist was Kris and she knew exactly what I wanted. She had plenty of experience with retro hairstyles and she was great to work with. They also gave me free wine so that was a bonus. Even better, the first cut was half off, so I ended up only paying $33 for it!

This is the end result! I love it!

It’s super easy to deal with. Quick to blow dry and I only need to use a round brush to get the look. I can’t wait to play with it and see what else I can do. :)

 

1 comment:

  1. Personally I think the best thing Katie Holmes ever did was divorce Tom Cruise. But that's just me.

    I can't wait to see all the things you do with your hair, I'm thinking some peicy texture would look cute.

    ReplyDelete